- Rhymes: -ɛp
Nounhep (plural heps)
- See hip (the fruit of the dog-rose)
- Short form of hepatitis.
HEP or hep can mean:
- Hep Records, a jazz record label in Scotland
- Habitat Evaluation Procedures, a method used to document the quality and quantity of available habitat for selected wildlife species
- Head end power, a method for providing electricity to train carriages
- Healthy eating pyramid
- Hep, a synonym for hip (slang)
- Hepatitis, a gastroenterological disease
- Heterogeneous Element Processor, a type of supercomputer
- High-energy physics
- High Explosive Plastic anti-tank ammunition, also called high explosive squash head (HESH)
- Higher education provider, an Australian classification
- Homotopy extension property, a property in algebraic topology.
- Housing equity partnership
- Hotel Electric Power Electricity generated and used aboard a ship for general purposes.
- Hydroelectric power generation is a means of producing electrical energy through the use of moving water.
- A war cry of the Crusaders: originated as short for Hierosolyma est perdita (Latin for "Jerusalem is lost").
- The Hep-Hep riots - a series of antisemitic riots in Germany and neighbouring countries in 1819.
hep in German: HEP
hep in Japanese: HEP (曖昧さ回避)
alive to, appreciative of, apprised of, awake to, aware of, behind the curtain, behind the scenes, canny, cognizant of, conscious of, hep to, in the know, in the secret, informed of, knowing, let into, mindful of, nimble-witted, no stranger to, on to, privy to, quick, quick-witted, seized of, sensible of, sensible to, sharp, sharp-witted, slick, smart, streetwise, undeceived, wise to